- Posted On: 2021-05-10
- Posted By: Anjali
- Total Views: 299
Social media has established itself to be a valuable path for marketers to reach the potential audience and convert them into customers. Famous for an energetic approach, social media marketing demands channel managers to keep up to date with the latest social media trends in technical and social advancements to make sure they are exploring all the possibilities available.
It is no surprise that the last year has seen an unusual change in social media scroll, adjacent to other customer behavioral factors. Highlights from Datareportal's July 2020 Digital snapshot verify that nearly half of users have given more time on social media due to COVID-19.
Interestingly, our grown connection to social media isn't surprising. Throughout the year, users used social platforms to catch up with their loved ones, stay updated on current affairs, research goods, and devote hours to entertainment. At the same time, social media marketing established valuable for businesses and marketers to enhance online visibility, reach, and convert into customers.
Platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have quickly grown and focused on meeting users'; growing demand during the pandemic. Social media is the only place for 57% of customers to discover new brand offerings.
Social media marketing is becoming an indispensable marketing strategy for many companies in this digital era. Since the social media aspect keeps changing quickly, it's important to constantly review your social media strategy to achieve the most out of them. And here are the top social media marketing trends you need to remember and follow in 2021!
Scroll down to read more about the social media marketing trends companies must implement in 2021 to attain enormous social media audiences in this rapidly changing aspect.
- Boost of live streaming: With most social media specialists demanding to focus businesses on video marketing, there was no doubt that live videos on social media will gain much fame in 2021. Brands are now streaming live videos regularly to meet with their customers for chit-chats. Surprisingly, the fame of live videos has outdone the demand for video content too. Presently, You can stream live videos on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Tumblr because around 82% of the users favor live videos on social media.
- Promoting Engagement With Temporary Content: If temporary content sounds unusual to you, you might better recognize the term regarding social media. Yes, we are addressing the trend of short-duration content that disappears within 24 hours of posting, i.e., Facebook and Instagram Stories. Stories are entertaining, appealing and keep users on their toes considerably! Brands constantly experiment with the "Story" feature on Facebook and Instagram to provide their customers a quick look into their world. While pictures, videos, and textual content inform everyone of new product launches, offers, and other public announcements, the brand stories aim to be more personal and informal.
- Increasing Demand for Social Media Chatbot Communication: When it comes to interacting with the customer care department of a business, nobody desires to waste their time on generally computerized transmissions. It is the same concept that might come to people's minds when they discover about chatbots. Fortunately, chatbots in 2021 and beyond are not here to misuse people's time but to produce quicker recommendations to the table. AI-powered chatbots can accurately understand your doubts and concerns and suggest you the best solutions within moments.
- More Brands will Modify to AR and VR Technology: Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are currently in social media trends for 2021, as brands try to allow an impressive user experience. Many e-commerce companies have changed to AR-powered shopping, allowing users to try on products before purchasing them. It will benefit customers to make thoughtful purchase decisions before spending on something. Platforms like Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook enable users to try on hundreds of various filters to click images or produce videos to post them across, including the update of profile pictures with brand logo or mascot.
- Continue Investing in Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing has overshadowed the whole of 2019, and it will advance to do so for the coming years. However, the process by which brands and influencers collaborate will see variations in the coming days. Brands will now collaborate with influencers for a string of social media promotion posts and not just for a particular promotion post. They will put consistent efforts into promoting the content produced by these influencers. Big brands are assumed to collaborate with micro-influencers and niche bloggers to produce inclusivity and clarity to their marketing attempts. It also means that brands will be careful in picking influencers and eliminate the so-called influencers shining on fake followers.
- Local Targeting to Get More prevalent: Same as local SEO, local targeting has become more common in 2021 and will remain to be in the upcoming years. Local brands find a way to equate with their target audience by geo-tagging their social media posts and stories. Instagram already enables people to view posts and stories in their proximity, allowing local brands to be more discoverable. Moreover, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram promotions allow companies to target audiences from a particular locality through their IP addresses.
- Twitter to Transform into a Trustworthy News Portal: Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are fundamentally used as entertainment channels where users can experience lighthearted teasing; Twitter constantly owned the spot for serious discussions on different topics of interest. Twitter is one place that has eternally prioritized news stories from around the world. However, the reality of such news stories was not 100% accurate in the past, which led to disputes. Twitter is expected to keep a stricter check on fake news and allow only 100% authentic and credible news sources in the coming years. Although Twitter never topped the social media game in terms of popularity or usability, it proceeds to be an important platform for numerous people.
- The Death of Instagram Likes: No brand or company is a stranger to the range of social media " likes," but it seems like 2021 will finally be the year to beat this obsession to the edge. It is well known how constant fixation on social media validation leads to impact negatively. Hence, Instagram has launched an experiment where they make the like counts secret for various users worldwide. Although it hasn't been driven out as an official update from the social media platform, the tests managed by them resemble to have shown positive results. Therefore, it is reliable to say that 2021 may be the year where digital marketing experts will need to shift their focus from likes to symbolize success to the engagement and the quality of the content.
- User-generated Content Will Get More importance: User-generated content (UGC) is any form of content created by users on social media. Many brands have begun influencing UGC as social evidence of the quality of their products or services. Many businesses actively encourage user-generated content as a part of their branded content. By doing so, they receive two advantages. The first advantage is that they can reduce the marketing budget of branded content by presenting UGC, and second, it enables them to bring customers to the lead and make them feel treasured.
- Video Content Continues to Bloom: Video content is possibly the most appealing form of content at present, and it is here to remain in the long run. In fact, companies are quickly turning to video content and prioritizing it over written content and images. Many brands are also considering proposing premium video-based content to engage the audience even further. Videos can instantly grasp the attention of users and retain them pinned to the screen.
When you follow all the given trends, you will surely dominate in social media marketing. Being a leading social media marketing company, we keep updated with the latest trends to deliver the best to our clients. For any further queries, you can contact us on 7980358244 or email us at [email protected]